Xiaomi has launched a new phone in Nepali phone market, i.e Redmi Note 6 Pro. Redmi Note 6 Pro is a successor of Redmi 5 AI. This new Redmi Note 6 Pro has only a few changes in its spec as compared to it’s previous 5 AI.
So, we’ve all established that the new Redmi note 6 pro is a minor upgrade to the Redmi note 5 AI. But what difference do the minor updates make? Now let’s start with the design and build; where the biggest change is this huge notch which I’m not a fan; oh sure it gives the phone a modern look but on the other hand, the display experience decreases. The back is made of metal encompassed by plastic, the plastic casing is very thin yet regardless it contributes some grip to it.
Also Read: Xiaomi Phones Price In Nepal
The new notch feature in this Redmi Note 6 Pro brings the new dual camera set up, the very dim notification LED and the usual sensors. There’s no front camera flash in this huge notch so that’s a little disappointing. However, there’s one positive that this big notch brings that’s the bigger display it’s a 6. 26 inch IPS LCD display with a 1080p resolution and a pixel density of 403 PPI. Content looks sharp and blacks are deep so you get a nice contrast which is a very good deal in this price range. Apart from that, the Redmi Note 6 pro is quite same as Redmi Note 5 AI. The fingerprint scanner and face unlock are pretty much good at this price range.
There’s one more change here and that’s the nanocoating for splash resistance which is a nice addition this means that the Redmi note 6 pro should be fine with occasional spills or splashes of water.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Quick Specs.
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa core (1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260 + 1.6 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260)
- Display – 6.26″ (15.9 cm) Full HD 2280×1080 Rounded Display Corners With Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- OS – Oreo 8.1 [Update Available to Android 9 Pie]
- Memory – 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM / 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM [ Expandable ROM, Uses SIM 2 ]
- Front Camera – 20 MP + 2 MP [ f/2.2 ]
- Rear Camera – 12MP, f/1.9 + 5MP, f/2.2 with Dual-LED flash
- Battery – 4000 mAh Battery
- Colours – Blue, Black
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, IR Blaster
- Price – NRS 24,999 ( 3GB/32GB), NRS 28,999 (4GB/64GB)
Also Read: Android 9.0 Based MIUI 10.3 Stable Update On Redmi Note 6 Pro
Redmi Note 6 Pro Price In Nepal.
- NRS 24,999 ( 3GB/32GB)
- NRS 28,999 (4GB/64GB)
What Makes It Better Than Redmi Note 5 AI?
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro has a notch on top of the display, unlike Redmi Note 5 AI.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro has got an AI updated new dynamic bokeh effects.
- Camera quality has been improved.
- Nano Coating has been made. (Water drops and impurities won’t affect the cover easily)
What is The Good?
- The camera has been improved slightly than that of Redmi Note 5 AI, and is better than the competitors at this price point.
- Nano coating has been added to back cover such that a few water drops and mild drizzle won’t affect the phone.
- Supports fast battery charging 10W.
- Good battery life time.
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
- The new May update brings Android Pie. [Updated]
- Supports video stabilization.
- Good portrait mode.
- MIUI 10 will provide you the best experience and with many features, you wouldn’t expect at this price.
What is The Bad?
- Just a Minor update to Redmi Note 5 AI.
- Same processor as Redmi Note 5 AI.
- Bulky Notch degrades the display experience.
- Expensive than Redmi Note 5 AI, although all the features are the same.
- The box doesn’t come up with fast charger.
- The new update comes up with minor UI lags.
- Heats with games like PUBG and Asphalt.
- The back doesn’t give enough grip and is likely to attract residue and fingerprints.
- Doesn’t supports 4K.
- MIUI comes up with lots of ads that might be disturbing.
If you are already using Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 AI than you ought not to be excited about this phone. However, the phone is not that bad anyways. If you are not a heavy gamer and a casual user the phone is brilliant for you. The battery backup is just awesome. The camera is okay and guess what? the video has got image stabilization and you can record stable videos. I think that the phone is a little bit high priced but the rest goes with you.