Paras Khadka is a popular cricketer and former captain of Nepal National Cricket Team. Khadka is a right-handed batsmen, medium pace bowler and an occasional off-break bowler for Nepal. He is most renowned cricketer in Nepal and treated as ‘God Of Nepal Cricket’ by their fans.
The all-rounder had led Nepal to their first ever appearance in World-cup tournament in 2014. Khadka also led his team towards the ODI Nation back in 2018.
Paras Khadka steeped down from his role of captaincy following the readmission of Cricket Association of Nepal by ICC back in October 2019.
Paras Khadka Quick Facts
|Date of Birth||24 October 1987|
|Spouse||Prapti Rajyalaxmi Rana|
|Height||6 ft 3 inch|
|Earning||Approximately 1 lakhs per months|
Paras Khadka Biography
Paras Khadka’s Personal Information
- Paras Khadka was born as an elder son on 24 October 1987 in the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu.
- He was married to his longtime girlfriend Parpti Rajyalaxmi Rana.
- Paras Khadka made his debut for Nepal against Malaysia in 2004.
Also Read – Interesting Facts of Paras Khadka
Paras Khadka’s Education and Early Days
Paras Khadka completed his education journey up to SLC in South Point Boarding School. He further graduated from renowned university of Nepal, Tribhuvan University.
Paras Khadka was born on 24 October 1987 at Kathmandu, Nepal. He was more interested towards study during his childhood. He used to spent his public holidays playing cricket with friends. He was moreover interested to other sports like basketball and football during his teenage days.
Paras Khadka and his brother Pankaj Khadka used to often visit the ground near Shankhamul with their dad. Paras and his friends used to spend their afternoon playing cricket there.
He was youngest among the all when he played his first official tournament for his school called ‘Dipendra Running Shield’.
Also Read – The Untold Story of Paras Khadka
Paras Khadka’s Cricketing Stats
- Paras Khadka earlier represented Nepal in U-15, U-17 and U-19 level cricket. He played his first U-19 world cup in 2004.
- Paras made his debut from senior team in 2004 against Malaysia where he scored impressive knock of 44 runs in tough situation.
- He was also the part of team when Nepal won plate tournament in the World Cup, beating test playing nation line South Africa and New Zealand.
- He led the country to win ICC World Cricket League Division 5 in 2010 and 2012 ACC Trophy Elite. He scored his maiden ton against Kuwait in same tournament.
- He also led Nepal to win ICC World Cricket League Division Four in 2012 and ICC World Cricket League Division 3 in 2013.
- He successfully led his country to their first ever World Cup appearance back in 2014.
- Paras Khadka became the eight bowler to take a wicket in first ball of career in T20I on same World -Cup
- Khadka also led his team towards the ODI nation back in 2018.
- Paras Khadka became the first player from Nepal to score a ton in ODI as well as in T20I.
- Paras Khadka holds the record of first Captain to score a century while chasing in T20I.
- Paras khadka stepped down from his role of captaincy following the readmission of Cricket Association of Nepal in October 2019.
Playing 6 ODI and 15 T20I matches for Nepal, Paras had scored 235 and 774 runs respectively. He have scored 1417 runs in his total of 40 List-A matches for Nepal. Talking about his bowling, he have grabbed 9, 2 and 26 wickets in ODI, T20I and List-A matches respectively.
Paras Khadka in Indian Premier League(IPL)
Paras Khadka had never played in IPL but his recent performance and his stats is likely to attract some franchise in near future.
Also Read : Sandeep Lamichhane’s Biography