Calling fee rate to be reduced after Chaitra 20th:
According to Nepal Telecommunications Authority‘s “Interdisciplinary Directory – 2076”, the national and international calling fee rates will be reduced after Chaitra 20th in Nepal. Previously, service provider companies like Nepal Telecom, Ncell and Smart Cell used to take expensive fees from the users to call over other companies as well as international call rate was also high. But, after Chaitra 20, the fee rates will be reduced.
According to the Spokesman of the Authority, “The inter-company fees for the service companies will be reduced so that their profit margin will increase and the companies will need to reduce the inter-company calling rates so as to benefit the customers.”
How much fees will be reduced and what will be the fee rates?
Rates after Chaitra 20:
- Landline Services: 10 paisa per minute
- Mobile to Mobile Inter-company: 10 paisa per minute
- Mobile to Landline: 20 paisa per minute*
- Namaste to Ncell Calling rate: Rs. 1.06
- International Calling rate: Maximum Rs. 8 per minute and will decrease to Rs. 1.80 after 8 yearsRates before Chaitra 20:
- Landline Services: 56 paisa per minute
- Mobile to Mobile Inter-company: 56 paisa per minute
- Mobile to Landline: 14 paisa per minute
- Namaste to Ncell Calling rate: Rs. 1.50
Similarly, other calling rates will be in similar manner. Calls from abroad will also be cheaper after this directory is implemented. Spokeswoman Aryal said that the cost of such call rates will reduce in a chain manner for the next eight years. The telecommunication authority also for the first time fixed the inter-linking fee for calls coming from abroad.