Talking about Paras Khadka, no cricketer has ever captured the heart of millions of fans in Nepal as him. No cricketer has reached that level of popularity and fame as Paras have made. No Nepali Cricketer has set as many record as Paras does for Nepal Cricket. This is why he is named as ‘God of Nepal Cricket’ by millions of Nepalese fans.
We are here to present some interesting facts and milestones of former Captain of Nepal – Paras Khadka.
Facts about Paras Khadka
|Nepalese Cricketer( All-Rounder)
|32 ( 24 October 1987)
|6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
1.Have you ever wondered why Paras Khadka wears number 77 in jersey? This is because of his birthday. He was born on 7th day of kartik(7th month of Nepali calendar). Also, he revealed his lucky number as seven.
2. In May 2010, Paras Khadka and his team called a press conference and boycott the national league because of behaviour of Cricket Association of Nepal.They demanded reconstruction of Cricket Association of Nepal(CAN) and facilities for players.
Statement of Paras Khadka- “In our system, everyone is a volunteer. But the players have suffered a lot. We want Nepal cricket to go further but that can only happen if the system changes. We need a new system for a better future and better status. We want a professional set-up. The players are fed up right now but we are also ready to answer anyone for our actions. We want CAN to do the same.”
3. Paras Khadka is the 8th player in T20l history to take wicket on first ball of career. Khadka set this record against Hong Kong during T20 World Cup 2014 in Bangladesh.
4. Do you know about Paras Khadka school days? Khadka was more interested to football and basketball.
5. Khadka was married to his longtime girlfriend Prapti Rajyalaxmi Rana on 26 February 2015.
6. During his interview, Khadka revealed that he used to fly paper plane in TU International Cricket Ground during Nepal’s cricket match from crowd.
7. Paras was selected in Nepal U-15 team through a tournament which he was totally unknown it was a selection tournament.
8. Paras started his career as a bowling all-rounder.
9. Talking about Paras Khadka, he is a right handed batsman, medium pace bowler and occasion off-break bowler.
10. Paras Khadka was more curious to study more than sports during his childhood.
11. Paras thought of flying to Australia or England after his +2 to play cricket and continue his study.Later, his visa was rejected.
12. Paras still proceed his visa procedure for Australia after his selection in national team. Later, he took cricket seriously after one year of cricket as a captain.
13. Paras Khadka reveals that he would definitely became an Architect besides cricket. He still is more curious about designs and buildings.
14. About Paras Khadka century, he became the 6th Nepali cricketer to score an international century.
15. Paras became the first Nepalese batsman to score century in ODI for Nepal and also first player to score a century in a T20l match for Nepal.
16. Paras have won NSFJ Pulsar Player of the year for 3 times while he was awarded as NNIPA Best Cricketer of the year in 2017.
17. Paras became the 1st ever Captain to hit a T20l century while chasing against Singapore.
18. Paras Khadka resigns from the post of Captain just a day after the ICC readmitted Nepal’s membership on October 15, 2019.
Paras Khadka on his resignation – Great to know that the suspension of Nepal cricket has been lifted and would like to wish the new committee to work for the betterment of Nepal cricket,players and its stake holders.
I have hereby decided to resign from my post as the captain of Nepal cricket team as there has to be a new way of taking things forward with a fresh start and a committed vision with everyone involved.Would like to thank all the players,coaches,umpires,groundsmen,friends, and my family who have helped me throughout this incredible journey.Until next time.
JAI NEPAL ..!!
Also Read – Top 3 Magical Innings of Karan kC